Federal Student Aid Eligibility
The following Adult ROP Programs are eligible for Federal Student Aid:
- Certified Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Dental Assistant programs
To apply for the 16-17 school year, please visit the FAFSA website using the following information:
- School name: Butte County Regional Occupational Program
- School code: 042205
| APPLY FOR A ROP PROGRAM APPROVED FOR FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
| STEP 2
|| COMPLETE A FAFSA ONLINE
Federal Student Aid is an office of the U.S. Department of Education that manages and regulates Title IV funds of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. To be considered for various federal, state, and institutional aid, students need to complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. Directions are provided below.
- Go to FAFSA
- If you do not already have an FSA ID, you will need to create one online.
- Choose the 2016-2017 FAFSA year
- The School name is: Butte County Regional Occupational Program
- When asked for the School code type in “042205” for Butte County ROP
|RECEIVE ROP PROGRAM ACCEPTANCE LETTER
Upon acceptance into a Federal Financial Aid approved ROP program, you will access the aid you are eligible for through the ROP Virtual Financial Aid Office (see step 4).
| STEP 4
|| LOGIN TO THE ROP VIRTUAL FINANCIAL AID OFFICE (VFAO)
ROP has partnered with an online company to automate the processing of federal financial aid applications using an online Virtual Financial Aid Office (VFAO). After you have completed a FAFSA form, you must complete the VFAO Student Interview. Directions are provided below.
- Go to VFAO
- Click on “Student Interview Center”.
- Log in with your username and password or "Register as a new user".
- NOTE: You cannot have more than one registration.
- If you cannot remember your registration, click on the "Recover Login Information" link.
- Click on “Student Interview” and fill in all required information.
- Choose the 2016-2017 FAFSA year.
- When finished, make sure to click “DONE”, otherwise your interview is not complete.
- Please note: failure to complete and/or submit the “Student Interview” will prevent ROP from awarding any Federal Financial Aid you are determined eligible to receive.
- Upon notification of a direct loan award, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note in order for the funds to be disbursed. To do this, please go online to: Complete Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)